The STP envisions a facility that will enhance regional and national development through fostering research and innovation in three key technology sectors.
Design, manufacturing and materials, biotechnology and ICT. Specific objectives to realize this purpose include to:-
- Provide a business-oriented framework ensuring sustainability of the park and incubators.
- Provide a framework that optimize comparative and legal advantages and better potentials of the park in becoming major regional centre for economic, research and scientific activities.
- Articulate the requirements for linking the STP to actual and potential local, regional and global markets and expansion as envisaged by the Government.
- Promote synergy among firms by providing common services centres, in order to exploit economies of scale.
- Aid in the transfer of technology and business skills between the University and industry.
- Plan and design an STP that attracts green, high technology, knowledge-intensive industries, thereby generating new income and business opportunities.
- Provide clear elements for the location, organization, and implementation of various activities in the STP Master Plan.